Monday, April 26, 2010

I am alive and doing well....

I am just transitioning into a two parent household, instead of three, since my mom left on Friday...It was a sad day...I cried at the airport and Baby Preston cried that night...I swear the airport architect decided to make the layout the most dramatic that he/she could when planning the security portion...The person who is leaving literally gets on an escalator, going down at the end of the security checkpoint. The people saying good-bye are separated by big panes of glass. It seems so sad seeing the person you are saying good-bye just go down the escalator..My mom continued to wave so all I could see at the end was her hand waving...It was sad for her too. I tried to give her the Osaka Tour, which I think I did a pretty good job of...Baby Preston has now seen more of Osaka and the surrounding region than I think most foreigners who live here..He is already well-travelled. We had a couple of rest days in between all of our sight-seeing and the baby was sooo good the entire time...Thank god we did it all when we did because he has a much stronger opinion about things these days. The weather was horrible the whole time, but we still made it out and had fun!

A nice break after a day of shopping in Umeda

At a shrine in Kyoto

At the aquarium

At the castle

At the ramen shop

At conveyor belt sushi

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the "ramen shop-" I want to go to THAT place!!!!! L.O.V.E. Baby Champ, as he's called there in Japan= please come home soon, so we can throw you a giant bash for you three!!!!!!!! Love you and miss you so much, Preston is just amazing!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete