Saturday, February 18, 2012

Foster parent...

I have said for a long time that I would love to be a foster parent at some point in my life...Like I would love to go overseas and do medical missions. It's just one of those things that I would love to do....So we are taking the first step this week and getting a foster puppy, ha ha. I signed up on Friday thinking that nothing would happen and I could always back out if I got cold feet. Well...lo and behold, I got a call the next day that there would be a 3-4 month old puppy needing a foster home. I was like, "Well, OK." Preston is going to die. David and I had talked about it right after I came because I had seen an ad with the cutest puppy ever that needed a foster home. I responded to that one as well but the puppy got adopted or something. I always say that twins would be so hard at first but so worth it at this age. Preston is quite needy in the entertainment department constantly wanting us right there with him, telling us to "sit down," "up please, me baby," and "go, go." So I am hoping (ha ha, jokes on me) that this little treat will be a good thing for him. I figure we spend a ton of time outside each day walking and going to parks, I am still trucking along just fine, and Preston L.O.V.E.S. puppies, so what will it hurt. I was told that most are adopted in 2 to 3 weeks, so if I hate the experience, we will withdrawal our names and if we love it, maybe we will help out another little doggie. Get ready for pics. He should arrive around Wednesday. Can't wait to start this little adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment