Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2nd Prenatal Appointment in Japan...

This visit had me laughing for the whole day and it gave David and I a good laugh at dinner. 

I learned.....

the entire "how to start your appointment" process. Apparently, I did not do it right this time. I think that is why I had to wait for 1hr and 15 minutes before being seen.  I was wondering where everyone got the yellow folder from.

that somehow I was not going to be charged for the services I received, because of my coupon. Even though 5 minutes before that, they said I would have to pay for everything out of pocket because I did not have my insurance card on me. This is even more confusing because pregnancy related costs are not covered by insurance anyways.... Some days I feel like I got it and other days I feel like I don't understand anything.  AGHHH! So.... I did not pay a dime yesterday and I got an ultrasound!

that my weight gain was too fast for Japanese standards. I blamed it on the holidays and told them that I started exercising. My weight right now is very, very close to my final weight. Hopefully, we won't need to have this discussion at every appointment.  I told them the projected final weight was "impossible". They laughed. No ladies, I am serious!!!! I get to weigh myself and take my own blood pressure. I am going to start rounding down.....

how to do nipple massage, using a model. I guess it is to toughen them up and it is a standard consultation here. I have all the info if anyone is interested......I don't think it is practiced in America at all.  It was interesting to say the least.

Icing on the cake.... I learned that the optimal nipple length for breast feeding is 2.5 cm to 3 cm .  The massage is supposed to help with this; however, 2.5 cm seems like the longest nipple ever!!!! I am still laughing.

WHERE AM I?????????????

Baby P is doing well. He/she weighs 2 pounds. Everything is on schedule and I will now be seen every 2 weeks instead of once a month. I got another ultrasound pic that shows the femurs and a white mass in between the legs. I have been evaluating it since last night. There is no pee-pee, nor are there 3 lines.  I am not sure what we have. Hopefully, it will be clear by April 11th :).

1 comment:

  1. I love that they told you Baby P is "growing too fast" for their standards- what a crack up!!!

    ReplyDelete