Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The week in words....

Matt and Kylan came to stay with us for four nights! It was sooo fun to finally have some houseguests! Matt plays for a team in Oita and was on David's team the first two years that we were here.  We hung out, ate a lot, played with Baby Gracie, had house parties, went to dinner with Seikoguchi-san, watched movies, went to their basketball games, went to Costco, and caught up! I also had my first fall (well...my first fall on the bike; I fell earlier, when I was just walking-landed on my side again), while Kylan, Megan, and I were biking to the park. Everything was fine. I landed on my side, scraped up my palm and knee. I was scary though. I may need to start wearing a helmet and I think this little guy/girl may come out with elbow and knee pads on!

For anyone interested in the basketball side of life here, David's team split with Matt's team and we even have pictures of them guarding each other.  David had 17 points, 9 rebounds, and 1 assist during the first game. During the second game, he had 21 points and 6 rebounds, but Osaka lost, BOOOO!!!

I started my Japanese Class, so I have one more thing to do each week and there is another girl who is from Berkeley in the class, so we have a lot in common. She is here teaching English, like I wish I could be doing right now.....She is really nice and is a new friend.

And, lastly, Mr. Nile turned the big 27 this year. He said he felt the same as he did when he was 26 and all of the old guys told him that 28 was the big year for basketball players to start feeling old. I think David has aged prematurely because he has been feeling old, long before his 28th birthday! We went to the same place that we went for David's birthday, which was delicious. Of course, the guys went out for a little afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment