Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Off to IKEA!!!

I have been wanting to go to IKEA, since I first came to visit David in October. There are few "must have" items that I will not go without, even though they do not offer us any additional function that we do not already have. I think this is why David has not pushed the trip that much, remember Mr. Practical. I want some cute stuff around here and I think he could care less.  For example, our duvet cover is black, grey, and white checkers, sounds cute, huh? This is paired with the ugliest green blanket I have ever seen, plus I keep telling David it is dirty and he swears the team cleaned it, when they gave it to him. This is paired with light blue curtains.  I cannot stand it!!!! So....goal number one:  a new duvet cover, which I am very excited about. I have also found that I cannot live without a full-length mirror. I need to see the whole outfit on the whole body. Looking at my shoes apart from my shirt, just does not cut it for me!!!! I started researching this trip and everything without a car, is of course, much more difficult. I just realized that I cannot walk from the station to IKEA; it is too far.  So... the other option is to pay for a taxi from the station, which is a rip off! Or, take the subway to another station that has a free shuttle bus to IKEA.  The station where the shuttle is, is actually away from IKEA and our apartment, so I will be back tracking. I am exhausted just thinking about it. All this to make my house a home! Gotta <3 Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment