Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Brunch & GD

The Girls


Our Parents


On Saturday, we had our annual Christmas Brunch which basically consists of high school friends and high school friends' parents all at one gathering, eating, drinking, and being merry!!! It is such a fun event. I know I look forward to it each year and so do my parents! Keep the tradition alive! Thanks to the La Salles for starting it! This year was a lot more tame than the last and I am thinking it was because the baby on board :). No famous fizzes for me!!! I thought I might die; they looked and smelled sooooo good!!!!

In other news, I had my Gestational Diabetes screen completed today. It was so gross. The only way to describe it is that it is like drinking straight margarita mix with no alcohol, which is disgusting. It is so syrupy that it burns the back your throat. YUCK!!! It made me sleepy (too much sugar at once for my slow moving body) and nauseous. Hopefully, this is the end of the road for the GD testing. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat sweets.