Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I made it!!!

Can anyone guess what these are??? They are sooo expensive here so I brought my own. Thought this looked hilarious. I don't even want to know what the Japanese baggage checkers were thinking when they saw these.

This is what it looks like when you have to cram you life into 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on. Just call me gypsy lady!!!

Before I knew that my flight was cancelled. I am still smiling, that is how I know.

After a long night on the phone with United, not sure if I would even be able to leave on the 28th and a cancelled flight the next morning, I made it! The first hiccup occured when I looked at my itinerary and realized the team listed my name as Michelle Palmer. Well... we all know that I am Michelle Francis. I started freaking out immediately. David was on his phone with team, on Skype with me, and I was on my phone with United. Ultimately, we had to purchase a whole new ticket to get me here and just by chance, the flight had a seat available. I figured since one bad thing always goes wrong, this was it and it was taken care of early. Nope...Just like last time, my flight from Sacramento to San Francisco was delayed and no one at the airport even told me. The board read that the flight was on time. I had to ask the staff and they were rude. I got to San Francico airport, as my flight was boarding, and yes, my name was called on the loud speaker. Michelle Francis, Michelle Francis....The flight was fine. The girl I sat next to ended up being the girlfriend of one of the other players from a neighboring team. It was such a coincindence. Hopefully, I will be able to get together with her at some point. I am always happy to meet a fellow American! The morale of the story is NEVER FLY UNITED......