Friday, December 17, 2010

8 months old..

I will be updating this post with a better eight month picture at some point. I have tried three times to get the picture taken and have only succeeded in getting a shot of P ripping off the sticker or eating the sticker...Welcome to eight months....Each month has gotten increasingly difficult to get the shot, so we are moving forward without it for now. I bought the real deal the other day (the sticker-no more paper with tape on the back), so I will no longer be doing it the ghetto-fabulous way. Hopefully, the sticker will be less distracting than the paper with tape stuck to his chest.  He is one smart cookie.

Hurry, distract him with the roll of toilet paper, make sure he doesn't crawl off the couch, then stick the sticker on real fast, wait the sticker is crooked, retry, take away the roll, and.... he found the sticker.
Top 10 at 8 months

1. He is crawling..all over the place.
2. Just cut a tooth finally. I have been saying he was teething for months. Finally I stopped, because I was consistently wrong and bam, there it was.  Once I stopped checking, it came. Just got a glimpse of it today because everytime I pull his lip down, out comes his tongue. His tongue is always out still. Unfortunately, I think he has my ears (little elf), my digestive system, and my oral fixation.
3. Is pulling himself up on things around the house multiple times a day (TV stand, coffee table, in the tub, crib)
4. Takes two solid naps a day, if he doesn't get his leg stuck in between the bars in the crib. Still trying to solve this problem. Wakes up 2-3 times each night...we are wanting to resolve this but don't have the heart to when he cold/sick/teething/stuck/constipated/went poo/scared/ there is a new issue every night.
5. Eating tons of finger foods and regular foods...Cheerios, potatoes, veggies from veggie soup, tofu, pasta, grilled squash, hot dog bun
6. Does a humpity hump dance. I like to say he is doing pelvis thrusts...He is just trying to strengthen his pelvic floor.
7. Hates to get undressed and dressed. He is crying through every dressing and undressing recently. He used to do this when he was brand new. I thought we had moved on.
8. Likes If Your Happy and You Know It and Christmas carols.
9. Crawls to us to sit in our lap and play, if we are anywhere on the floor, while he is playing. He wants to be on us and have his play time too.
10. Loves the attention that he gets from all of the fans and the basketball players here. Not sure why at home he always cried when people gave him attention. Isn't Stranger Anxiety supposed to start now? Maybe he had it early or maybe he just loves Asian people and b-ballers. I think he feels at home with them :).
**And, until today, cried everytime we blew our nose, even it was in another room.
**And, he has said da-da when David has walked into a room and ma-ma, when I am around, but I am not convinced that he is saying it to him/me or a person even.

No comments:

Post a Comment