Thursday, April 26, 2012

Alligator Steps..

Preston goes to gym/music class once a week which he loves, even though sometimes it is hard for him to behave. He recently moved up to the older class because he was going to be turning 2 and he is so large. The teacher thought it might be better for him to be with kids more his size and closer to his age. She explained this as "maybe his behavior will improve because he will be following older children, not younger children." Of course, I was so nervous but he did beautifully with the older children. The teacher was spot-on with her prediction, until this week. Since turning two, he has reverted back to his shenanigans in class with me having to chase him all around. I had to do this before, but I was not even showing and was still feeling good. Now it takes me time to get up and it is hard for me to phyically control him when he goes limp and starts kicking all around. I am hoping that this next week will go better. Timeouts have been reinstituted and he needed one within 5 minutes of the class starting last week. It was a record. The sad thing is that I know how well he can behave because for 1 month he was perfect, so I know it is in him to meet the class' expectations. He set the bar too high for himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment