Thursday, April 26, 2012

Birthday....

On Preston's actual birthday we had a full day of activities scheduled for the newly minted 2 year old. Even though we are still having a "party" for him, with all of the fun he had, this day could have been it. We woke up and had donuts with candles and the "Happy Birthday" song. I decorated and frosted cupcakes until 1am the night before, so I was already tired when the big day happened. Lala and papa even got to watch him open his presents and open his birthday/Easter box from them. We got ready, dropped David off at shoot around and headed to Torii Beach for a full day BBQ with my running group. The day was gorgeous (my feet got scorched) and Preston was on cloud nine. His friend, Claire, got him a little set of sand toys that he played with forever and the group sang him "Happy Birthday". I even brought 2 candles for him...Yes, I am that mom, ha ha ha. Randomly, there ended up being a bounce house too, which I am sure he thought was for him. He loved the bounce house. He was able to jump around and hold his own with all the 4 year olds....It helps that he is the same size as them :). Even the American parents thought he was turning 3. After the BBQ was over we came home and he took his nap, while I got ready for Ladies' Night Out (plus Preston). A group of ladies from the running group wanted to watch a game so we all went to this one and I brought Preston, which I do NOT usually do because the game starts at his bedtime. It was a special night and I felt way too bad leaving him with a babysitter on his birthday, so he came. It was a great game. David had 26 and definitely put on a show for us. Preston was running all over which meant that I was chasing him all over...At the end of the game, a Japanese woman, who loves Preston, took him for me for the last 5 minutes of the game. She said I needed to rest while patting my belly. I was like "Hallelujah". He is a handful and keeps me moving at all times. So...Preston had a wonderful birthday minus all the friends and family that couldn't be around because of where we are.

Seeing his birth day "birthday" present for the first time


Happy 2nd Birthday little man


Blowing out his candles


Proud little man


 With Lala and Papa on Skype..They even got to sing him "Happy Birthday" with mommy and daddy


A special book just for Preston's special day


 Opening LaLa and Papa's presents


 Round 2: BBQ and Happy Birthday






 First pinata..Ate the candy as he collected it...Didn't really get the idea to collect then eat


 Enjoying his cupcake


 In his cute little outfit


At daddy's game for Ladies Night Out!


Welcome to 2 mommy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment