Friday, April 27, 2012

Preston's 2nd Birthday Party

Preston finally had his actual birthday party on the 17th. It started off as a BBQ but the weather was supposed to be rearing its ugly head that day. Of course, the weather forecast showed sunshine the day after we changed it and it ended up being a nice day.  Two days before we decided to make it at an indoor kids park that he loves so we wouldn't have to worry about the weather. Since it was at the kids park I could have had it any day but the 17th was the only day we could do the BBQ, which is why we planned it so far after his birthday...I swear after doing this party I needed 2 days of recuperation. I was talking to one of my mom friends and she said that she didn't know if her daughter would be having a 3rd birthday party...ha ha ha. I was like, "I totally get it." Planning a kid's birthday should not be this involved but I wanted it cute and I felt bad because he didn't have a 1st birthday, so we put forth a lot of energy to make it fun and happy for him. Please remember he had already had one celebration on his birthday that included the beach, a bounce house, and pinata...This kid made up for lost time this year. Hopefully, next year he wont remember any of it because if he does, David and I are screwed. I will say it was totally worth it when he ran in to the party area...He had the biggest smile on his face and yelled, "OOOOHHHHH   WWWWWOOOOWWW!" And, we had a nice turned out...About 25 people (kids and adults) were there just to see him.

Funny tidbits:

1. Preston had one more present to open and he was being so patient opening all of them. He wanted to go play so bad. He literally yelled "NO!" and ran away when we pulled out the last gift. I felt so bad because it was from our babysitter. She understood though.
2. David and I were so caught up in the whole party fun that we never gave him his "big" gift, which was his bike. We got home started unloading stuff and had an "oh shit" moment...I turned on the Flip video and we gave it to him right then and there. It was so funny...what stupid parents!
3. At the end of the party, we were all loaded up and ready to head out (mind you I had been there for 4.5 hours and Preston and David had been there for 3.5 hours), we were looking for Preston and found him in the ball pit..He was just laying there by himself relaxing. David told him it was time to go and he just reached his arms up. He was exhausted.


Party Time
We still did the beach theme even though it wasn't at the beach




His birthday cupcakes



Decorations
I snuck food in and put little goldfishes in the orange cups


Happy Birthday banner



Party favors/pinata bags



His birthday outfit...The Whale Shirt
 
Daddy doing the pinata..

I was actually proud of myself for this one. It was a bash-it-in kind of pinata which a bunch of two year olds can't do, so I totally made it into a pull-the-string pinata, which was so much better, except that Preston went first and he pulled all of the strings making the trap door fall down.


 Birthday song time


Blowing out the candles


Clapping for himself after the song and blowing out the candles


 Cake face


 Family pic with Mr. Piggy


On the trampoline with the boys


Nora


Sophie


Dee and Mac
Newly engaged :)


Tired little man


With Chiyo, his babysitter
Please notice how large he is and how small she is ... ha ha ha


 Happy almost family of 4 picture

On his new little boy bike


Checking it out

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an awesome party, but so much work! But if Preston was exhausted it must have been good (what? it's not the goal of every parent to tire their kids out so they stop moving? Just me? oh).

    I know you probably had to do twice as much work being in Japan, so well done!

    ReplyDelete