Saturday, April 28, 2012

Naming...

David and I have had a name picked out since before Preston was born for a girl...Emilia Jane. I just absolutely L.O.V.E. it. I love the spelling; I love the way it looks; I love the story behind it;  I love the meaning; And, I love how feminine and not common it is...It's perfect! It actually has great meaning to me, so it is more than just an "open a page in the baby book and choose one" name. My great grandmother was from Italy and her name was Amalia. My grandfather was named Emil and my sister is Emily..I CANNOT think of a better name to honor these people with. I, of course, never met my great grandmother, but I loved my grandpa dearly and obviously, I love my sister, ha ha. I am so happy that I found this name prior to having a girl because if I would have missed out on this opportunity, I would have been so bummed. Emily has even decided if I only have boys, she is going to use it for her girl, in the far, far future :). For the middle name, Jane, that was my grandmother's middle name and the name that she went by. Her first name was Helen, my middle name, so it is incredibly special to me that way. Not to mention how much I loved her.  On David's side, Norma's middle name is Jane, so it is perfect...A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y.  P.E.R.F.E.C.T!!! As for boys...hmmmmmmm, and another hmmmmmm, and another hmmmmm...We have not even talked about it..I guess we still have our top 5 list from when P was born, ha ha ha. We might need to whip it out, wherever it is. I think the middle name will be Champion again, which is totally weird of me to want that. I just feel like with boys you can't have one with a middle name like Champion and the other with a middle name like John...It's just not fair, especially coming from an "our lives revolve around sports" type of family. Champion is a BOMB middle name. I don't think David is totally on board with this request though. I tried to explain that there would never be a cooler middle name...For example, you can't name your kid "First Place", "Number One", or "Gold Medal." Champion just works much too well and is irreplaceable.

1 comment:

  1. Emilia is a great name! Do you not know yet if it's a boy or girl? I thought it was impossible to keep that a secret in Japan! LOL

    ReplyDelete