Monday, February 8, 2010

International Baby Making

Another funny story.....One of my classmates asked if I was pregnant and I told her I was. She got so excited and preceded to tell me that her husband and she were trying for a baby. She was telling me that they have been trying for a while and she is not sure if they can have children because she is not sure if her egg (from Hong Kong) and his sperm (from Japan) will be able to match up because they are international. They are not from the same country, so she did not know if that was causing a problem. I wanted to laugh, right there, right then, but instead I said, "I think it is fine. Lots of people in America are not the same and they have babies." She said, "Oh, okay." I said, "Just keep trying." She really thought that the sperm and egg had to be from the same country!!!!!!!??????????

1 comment: