Thursday, February 25, 2010

United and I are reUnited...

I was on very very bad terms with United.... I flew with them three times in the course of three months and not one of the times was pleasant...On my first trip the last leg of the flight was delayed forever, maybe eight hours, and they played the "the plane will be here in 30 minutes" card. I could have rented a car and driven from San Fran faster, if they would be have been honest. They knew it wasn't arriving anytime soon. On the last two flights, my flight from Sac to San Francisco was completely cancelled....I wasn't that mad after the first cancellation, but after the second one, I was very ticked off....I wrote to their complaints department, totally played the 6 months pregnant card, having to move my luggage by myself with no help from the airport staff, almost missing my connecting flight to Japan from San Francisco, while mentioning that my previous two flights were messed up as well and that I was hoping to get the miles on my mileage account (ha ha-even though there is only a few for that short flight)...After a couple of rounds of emails and a few no responses, I found out that we were reimbursed $363 for my cancelled flights! I could not believe that I actually won....Usually, they shine me on, then they say they can't do anything, then David calls and gets his way....He says I am too emotional when I call...that is why I went the email route this time...Finally, some customer service...

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Way to handle it, so David didn't have to. So I just saw that there was a big earthquake in Okinawa...had to do some research to make sure that wasn't close to you! Got nervous! Hope all is well in Japan for you kids. Love reading the blog and can't wait to see ya over the summer! Much love!

    ReplyDelete