Saturday, November 21, 2009

I arrived alive....

Here is my second go of this; my first got erased! I am here at my soon-to-be permanent home that David so graciously cleaned before I got here! I love coming home to a clean house :)! The flight situation had a minor hiccup. My flight from Sac to SF was totally cancelled. I had to hop on a shuttle down to SF and made it in time to catch the flight to Osaka. I will say that the flight to Osaka was one of the best that I have taken because the economy class was not full. I got to have two seats to myself, not one. I was able to curl into a little ball (not sure how I managed it at 5'8" and preggo) but I did and I was able to sleep most of the way laying down on both seats. Usually, that is not the case. Hopefully, the way home will be the same and hopefully, my flight from SF to Sac will be on time. Last time, I arrived in SF at 9:30am and did not leave until 4pm to Sac. I could have driven a rental car, but the airport people kept saying that the flight would be leaving in 30 minutes, so I kept waiting. I swear it is either my luggage (which happened almost every time I flew home last time I lived there), late flights, or cancelled flights. Don't travel with me, if you have a choice :).

Once I got to the train station, I found a cab driver, who spoke zero English and had to explain to him where the apartment was, not having been there for a month, and not really knowing where it was myself. He kept asking if I had a phone number to call. I should have given him David's, another English speaker, that would have been funny. With the two of our brains combined, he and I were able to navigate a fairly quick route to the apartment, which brought me great relief. I am not sure how this is going work next time when I am 6 months pregnant with two huge suitcases; YIKES, I care not to think about it! I only have to make this trip 3 more times, AGGHHH! I got all settled in at about 7:30pm, in time to watch David's game on the computer (yes, he is in Okinawa right now) and they won. He had 15 points and 6 rebounds. It was a very very close stress inducing game for me. I was exhausted afterwards and just hit the sack. I got up at 6am. Not too bad for jet lag. The 2nd day is always the hardest for me.