Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We found a doctor....

Well, not a doctor but a hospital, which is very, very good news in the "having a baby in Japan" department! I went to a different hospital today to check it out. This hospital was highly recommended by David's team doctor and the Ward Office that I went to yesterday to get my Alien Registration Card. It surpassed all of my expectations. The midwife that helped me spoke enough English for us to understand each other; the doctor spoke English very well, and with my limited Japanese, I was even able to understand the nurses. I am soooo happy! It will not cost us an arm and a leg like the other place that I went to, so that is a relief as well. It is kind of ironic because it is Yodogawa Christian Hospital. I left my house at 10am and did not get home until 3:30pm for this first meeting. It took forever. You cannot get an appointment for the first time. So... I had to wait forever. I have an appointment set-up for next time, thank god!

Also, yesterday, at the Ward Office, I had to register my pregnancy and apply for a new immigration card. After going around and around for about an hour and filling out 3 different incorrect applications, we finally got it right! I left at 2pm and did not get home until 6pm. Everything takes forever, when you can't speak the language. When I registered the pregnancy, they informed me that there are childbirth classes for free, I think, so that will be nice. I am going to have to find someone to do the interpretation for me :).