Tuesday, March 2, 2010

34 weeks!!!

Only 6 weeks left to go!!!!

Baby P is doing well.  He or she grew like a weed in the last two weeks, if the ultrasound machine is correct at estimating his or her size. I am not going to lie and say it doesn't make me nervous, because it does.....Apparently, this kid put on 2 lbs in the last two weeks.  The approximate weight at this point is 6 lbs 4 oz, which is a normal sized baby; however, I still have 6 weeks to go.  The doctor and nurse both said, "WOW".  Japanese babies, on average, weight 6 lbs 6oz, when they are born, just as a reference point. The doctor also told me that the "other American" delivered at 35 weeks and her baby was 7 lbs 8 oz.  I don't know if there is something in the water here or what. I also managed to ask about the amount of weight that the "other American" put on and the doctor said 22 pounds.....hmmmmmm, I guess it is possible!  The size of the baby's head and femur puts him or her at about 37 weeks; however, these are only estimates and they are not excellent indicators of when the baby will come or of the baby's size...I am just hoping the measurements are flat out wrong....I may be giving birth to David, if they are accurate...No wonder I am gaining so much weight, ha ha ha! Actually, I have doing fine (pat on my back).

At my most recent appointment, I was asked if I had the taxi service's phone number on hand, which I don't...I was asked if I had packed my hospital bag, which I haven't...I was asked if I had any friends, who speak Japanese and English, in case my labor coach doesn't, which I don't...WHEW, time to start getting organized.....I gave them David's team's manager's phone number. He will be in for the shock of his life if he ends up interpreting my delivery........POOR POOR MAN!!!

I was also given a list of things that I must bring...so, I guess it time to do some shopping and they informed me that the homework that David and I completed and turned in (about our feelings and lifestyle) will be discussed at my next visit, which I think is because I asked so many questions this time....My doctor just waits for me to whip out my list and we go one by one down it until I am done.....And, the visit was FREE!!! They are so good to me!
34 Weeks!!!

This is what I get to wake up to sometimes. A baby on my one side of my stomach...Scary...FYI: This is NOT what my stomach typically looks like!!! My belly button is pushed over to the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment