Thursday, March 25, 2010

Update

I had my 37 week appointment on Wednesday and YES, a little bit of progress was made...It doesn't really mean anything at this point, but it felt good to know that things are happening...After the appointment (these doctors have a way of getting things moving), a lot of stuff started happening, but it has slowed down now...so the waiting game is back on...It was a long, long appointment that was kind of annoying actually, but what can you expect, when you don't speak the language....

My doctor told me that she just resigned, so she will not be working after March 31st and I will meet the new doctor, who speaks English at my next appointment, which David had been planning on going to, but cannot, because we had to change the day to when the other doctor is working. So...David doesn't get to go this time....My doctor informed me that if I deliver in March, she will be in charge and if I deliver in April, the new doctor will be in charge.  So, I get a new doctor within two weeks of delivering or if there is an emergency, I get a doctor, who I don't know.  WWWAAAHHH!!!

Also, they had questions about my birth plan...which I was hoping wouldn't happen...I thought they might just read over it and say okay...Oh no....questions galore...and of course....every other time I have been there the midwife speaks English very well, and this time to discuss the birth plan, the midwife who helped me, did not speak any English....IT TOOK FOREVER to go through and explain my wishes and have her explain their policies to me......AGHHHH! We had my health book out, a medical dictionary out, and an Japanese to English baby book out, trying to understand each other....Of course, last week the other midwife told me to keep the English version of the birth plan with me, so I didn't have it to compare with the Japanese version, which would have made things much easier, because I had no idea what the midwife was talking about, because I can't read the Japanese version.

Baby P grew some, not as much as past weeks, but he or she was just measured last week, so the growth should be lower..I, on the other hand, grew more in one week than I have in past weeks, ha ha ha, BOOOO!!! 

Also, I finally learned what a contraction feels like.  The doctor was getting ready to do the ultrasound and I was having one. Thank god she said something because this whole time I thought it was the baby moving....I know it sounds dumb, but as a first time pregnant lady, I had no idea what to expect and the movies make it look so painful from the get go...It is not really like that...I have been having contractions without pain (Braxton-Hicks) for months now, and have been having contractions with pain for about a week....I really thought the baby was balling up on one side of my stomach....Well...now I know and am just waiting for them to be close enough together to time!

And....I have been walking, walking, walking........

No comments:

Post a Comment