Monday, March 22, 2010

We made it!!!

BIG MAMA at 37 weeks!!!  Definitely looking it!!!!!

We are now 37 weeks, which is officially full-term...Baby P/Champ can come at anytime from this point forward..Let me tell.you..I will be doing all of the "natural" labor induction methods from this point forward...I have had a very easy pregnancy, but am ready (or as ready as a first time mom thinks she can be) to meet this little one.  Kanpai to 37 weeks!!!!!
At my last appointment (36.5 weeks) the baby had grown some more..... He or she is weighing in at 7lbs 4oz which was my birth weight at 40 weeks....He or she is measuring 38-39 weeks, so a little ahead of schedule...Please, come soon!!!!! All of my appointments will be weekly from this point forward...I know it is exciting, but it is kind of annoying for me. I have to walk to the train station, change trains, and then walk to the hospital (15 minutes) and do it all in reverse....It is good to walk though. The doctor asked me if I was walking each day and I told her "yes, about 45 minutes to an hour".  I was feeling good with that response.  She said that it should be 2 hours each day! I haven't gotten that much exercise, since I played volleyball in high school...Time to get going at 9 months pregnant!!!  

I turned in my very anal birth plan, which was accepted very openly by the midwife...I thought there might be problems but she even showed me (literally, on the floor) a few different positions that women labor in, instead of the "flat on the back one" that I would like to avoid...I was so relieved that they allow "different" ideas, because here, you never know what will be okay.  I, of course, had one of David's team workers translate the birth plan into Japanese, so there is no confusion regarding what I want....Poor Masaki knows much more about me then he ever wished.....

So....cheers to being 37 weeks....3 left to go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment