Wednesday, March 7, 2012

26 weeks...

We have made it to 26 weeks...This pregnancy is just flying by compared to when I was pregnant with Preston. I literally couldn't believe I was pregnant for the first trimester. And now, I am almost starting my third trimester. I felt like we had nothing completed for Preston at this point in time, but after looking back at my blog, we had already started talking names at this point. WOW...I am behind. I have been picking up things here and there like a car seat, boppy pillow, wipes warmer, baby bathtub, a mini-bed, and three onesies....It makes me laugh at how little we have and how much I am not really concerned about it. I learned with Preston  that I only need boobs, arms, clothes, diapers, a baby carrier, and a bed. He is doing just fine! This baby is less of a mover and shaker than P was. I first felt movement at about 16 weeks and it may have actually been earlier but I kept thinking it was too early. Looking back, it was probably flutters. She (YES, I AM CERTAIN ITS A GIRL-so we don't have to worry about names) moves often enough but not quite in the same wild manner as Preston. I was afraid of getting stretch marks from him just due to his movements. It is still early but he was crazy inside by this point. My weight gain has been a little less than with P but is very close to what it was. I think my body is programmed somehow. Our doctor's appointment went well today. The doctor said the baby is measuring almost 26 weeks and I am almost 27 weeks and the femur bone is long for her age :). He said heredity may be playing a factor in that..We can all thank the Palmer side for those long lean extremities :). I have recently actually felt pregnant. I feel like I went from 5 weeks to 26 weeks in a week..I pee all the time, have hip/back pain, and get tired more easily. Other than those minor things I am trucking right along. Ran a little last week and am still riding my bike and walking a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment