Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tsunami 2011


Today is the one year anniversary of the Japanese tsunami that completely destroyed a large part of the country. I will never forgot where I was and what I was doing (at Kaiser on med-surg) when I walked past a patient's room and saw the news broadcast. I just helped myself to his TV, as other nurses came in as well. One happened to be Japanese and had family in Tokyo. I remember thinking David was so far from it; however, at the time, I didn't know he was actually flying to it. Waiting for that text  that night and excusing myself while in the middle of talking with my clinical instructor the next day at the hospital to finally be able to hear from him were some long hours. The country has continued its fighting spirit by moving forward and rebuilding, but there is still so much to do and so much for the survivors to still deal with. Please keep the victims in your hearts today and everyday.

2 comments: