Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jogging...

So I totally jogged today. I joined a group here called Stroller Warriors, which is a mom's group/running group/play group all rolled in to one. I was very hesitant at first because I am not a runner, though I would love to be, and I am pregnant. I was exercising regularly with cardio kickboxing throughout the first trimester and loved it. I felt great and it helped control my weight gain. Then school reared its ugly head and I just did not have the time to keep going at the end...Once I moved here I researched a bunch of different groups that were available and joined a couple; this being one of them. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. The women are all different levels and are so inspirational..Some jog with single strollers and many have double strollers. Anyhow...I have been attending the workouts for a while now and really look forward to them each week. This week I was so surprised with how long I was able to jog pushing a NON-JOGGING stroller (yes, I am the only one without the hard core stroller), while chatting the entire time with a fellow jogger, while 28 weeks pregnant. It was awesome; it felt great; and it was not as bad as I thought it would. I have been walking with mini increments of jogging for a while and today just decided to see what I could do and was pleasantly surprised...Especially with the chatting part. Usually, I am about to die when I am jogging. So....I am giving myself a huge pat on the back for my jog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment