Friday, March 30, 2012

Making cookies...

I have started to morph into this weird, non-Michelle baking lady. I am not sure if its the apron (which I have always worn) or the pregnancy, but I want to bake and EAT everyday. Or if I am just bored...It is sooo weird..The downfall is having to do the clean-up without a dishwasher and eating all the food. It was a crazy rainy day and by the time I was ready to hit the road in search for a craft store, it was almost his nap time, so I decided to make sugar cookies WITH P. Have I ever made sugar cookies in my life??? ummmm NO! Who needs sugar cookies when the Girl Scouts sell the best damn cookies each year? I must have been really bored or feeling really guilty about P's Dumbo watching during the rain storm that gave me this great or not-so-great idea.....It was a mess and I am now praying that neither of us consumed salmonella, which I actually don't worry about too much because the Japanese people eat their eggs raw in a lot of meals, but at the end the whole thing, mess included, it was totally worth it. He had so much fun dumping everything in and stirring and trying to measure. He had sugar, butter, and batter everywhere!!! Now I have to decide if I should turn it into a 3 step project (make, roll/cut, and frost) or just roll/cut them myself and let him frost....This could even go into tomorrow, which with all this rain we would already have our day planned...Frosting, eating, and watching daddy's game....Maybe that's a plan!





Also, I was so proud of myself...I heard the rain start, I started cussing about the laundry, I got outside just as the rain was getting my nice and dry laundry a little damp, not soaked like usual, and was able to bring it back in a let it dry quickly...I love when I am on top of things..Usually, I forget and it takes another 2 days to dry...Ahhhh, the perks of living the green life. Laundry worry consumes me and my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment