Thursday, March 8, 2012

First "real" haircut

We are travelling back in time a bit, to Preston's first "real" haircut. I had ut off this day for the last 9 months due to the fact that I always wanted a little surfer boy and it is excactly what I got. Why would I want to change what I thought was perfect??? Longerish, blond, with little curls at the end hair that was as cute as could be. David finally decided that he had had enough and a mini-bang trim by me, was not going to cut it anymore...He wanted his little to boy to get cleaned up. I did not protest much because his hair was in his eyes and I knew sooner or later it would need to be done. We took him to a barber shop called Good Boys. They actually had a TV with a DVD player (thank god, we brought Barney), and their child's chair was a little jeep, which caused a lot of drama, but everything worked out fine. Preston loved the Jeep but would NOT wear the cape in the Jeep and the hairstylist would NOT cut his hair without the cape. So...we had to physically remove Preston from the Jeep, pop Barney on, stick him on my lap with a double headed cape (I had my own head hole-sooo cool) and let the hair stylist at it. Preston after screaming forever about the Jeep did just fine on my lap, watching Barney. When all was said and done we HATED his hair and I wanted to cry...I did save one little curl. Once we got it all washed and dried that night it was better and now that it has grown, we totally love it. He actually has awesome hair. It has so much body and looks much thicker than it is. It is a little boys cut but doen't look dorky, which was our biggest fear. My next battle will be the day when David wants to shave his head...AAAGGGHHH! The first thing our baby sitter said was "Good, now he looks like a boy." Ha ha ha. People STILL ask me if he is a boy or a girl often...Must be his pretty face :).

Pre-cut Locks...Ahhh how could you not love those locks.

 Mad he has to leave the Jeep  or map he has to wear the cape

Zombie watching TV mode 

During the cut 

Final product, YIKES...With his lollipop slobber..Even he doesn't look happy with it 

No comments:

Post a Comment