Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mini-zoo

Today, Preston and I went to his little Alligator Steps class (gym/music), where I DID NOT have to put him in timeout once. This is an hour long class and some days we were looking at 3-4 timeouts or break periods. It has been a work in progress, but it definitely feels good that we are headed in the right direction. Next week, he is transitioning to the 24-30 month class, which apparently has more sitting in it, which is not his strong point. I am just hoping that he will try to follow the older kids, since finally someone will be larger than him :).

After nap time, we went to a little place called the Egg Farm/Mini-zoo...I, of course, got lost going there, like I do every day of my life, but we found it and Preston LOVED it. They sell organic eggs and are known for their cream puffs...Then, drum roll, they totally have a ton of animals like a little zoo that the kids can look at and it's all FREE!!! They have llamas, monkeys, parrots, ferrets, turtles, snakes, pigs, ostriches, etc...Tons and tons of animals. The conditions are horrible and if you are a true animal lover, which I am not, this may not be the place for you, but I was happy to see Preston so happy.

We totally had a bird moment...He ran over to a cage of pigeons that was not closed off and I followed. Of course, we are the only foreigners there and for some reason, two of the pigeons at the moment that I walked over decided to fly the coop...I almost died and everyone was looking at me like I did something to them...I yelped and ran, leaving my unafraid 2 year old there still checking out the birds. It was so gross. My stomach started churning and I got goosebumps...I hate birds...Then he wandered to the next cage and kept saying, "Mama go, mama go" which basically means "mama come"...I couldn't move, ha ha. He was not afraid in the least. Later, right before we left, I saw one of the workers trying to catch one of the birds with a net, ooops!

After eating his own whole cream puff...Look at that mess...

Mommy and P trying to get a picture with the itty-bitty monkey 

Checking out the chinchilla or something like it

 Checking out the turtle..We saw this turtle again right before we left and it hadn't moved in two hours

No comments:

Post a Comment